he key to both lodges is the unsurpassed flexibility that we are able to offer. Guests can do what they want, when they want. There is no specific wake-up time and guests tailor each day to suit themselves. We are able to offer up to 3 different activities in the morning and afternoon and the guest to guide ratio is exceptional.
Ant’s Nest and Ant’s Hill are suitable for several different types of clients, it is ideal for couples / honeymooners who can enjoy all the wonderful romantic options like bush lunches, private dinners etc. Secondly a wonderful destination for groups of friends traveling together as they can book; either of the lodges on an exclusive basis and enjoy a house party type atmosphere. Thirdly for serious riders, we can be booked as a more luxurious riding safari where guest’s main focus is to ride twice daily. Lastly we make for an amazing family safari, children of all ages are wholeheartedly welcome, they can have their own special activities or are welcome to join their parents on all activities
* Please check with the lodge on arrival as some of the above may not be available at the time.
- A local ‘Big Five’ game reserve, so you can try to find the lion and elephant we would rather not ride with.
- Adventurous guests can have the opportunity to enjoy a day trip to the Lapalala Wilderness reserve which is a 35 000 ha reserve. Activities on offer here include guided walks, rock art viewing and picnics by the river where you can also swim.
- We go to a historic thatched church on Sundays where you can meet local people and see the 1914 building designed by Sir Herbert Baker. Children can attend a colourful Sunday school where the Sotho children sing choruses in rousing harmony.
- We are happy to take you shopping in the local town where you will find a wide variety of local and African arts and crafts.